I am not planning on posting any of it, but I love poetry. Writing it, reading it, listening to it.
Few words, much emotion. Just can't be competed with.
Last night my girlfriend send me a link to a poem that sparked the love again.
http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15433
Now, and trust me on this, read it in your head first. Then read it out loud to yourself.
Then listen to her read it. If it doesn't blow you away, I don't know what will.
Enjoy
Here are the words to it for those who are interested:
"The Pool Players. Seven at the Golden Shovel."
Gwendolyn Brooks
We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon.
1 comment:
I'm so glad that it moved you that much! I'll have to dig into the recesses of my brain and find some more gems.
Literature rocks.
Post a Comment