Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Subject to Fits of Whimsy

Often times I get lost in my world of legal nonsense and fail to peek out over the books and read something for fun... Today was not one of those days.

Sure, I finished my homework for tomorrow and Friday. Sure, I demanded of myself that I keep on track with my "No Cs Corso" plan for the Spring 2009 semester here at SCU law.

Then again, the new edition of GQ showed up. Contained therein was a blurb about this fabulous website: Rim Shots Galore (I swear to you the link heads to comedy, not pornography, though it sure does sound like it would be.)

From there, I made my way to this gem of a site.

Not sure what the page you have been sucked into shows? Remember the old 1-800-DENTIST commercials with the mildly attractive woman sitting at her desk, speaking emphatically to the nonexistant audience before her regarding the benefits of good dental work? This site finds people just like that, but more attractive, and publishes them for "fan-boys" the world over to ogle.

Disturbing, no?

No. Pretty funny.

Even better than the blatant sexism in the site is that you can "rate their helpfulness" simply by clicking the stars below their pictures. Somehow these webcreatures determine how much aid these women would actually provide in servicing your, uh, calls.

There are times when I wish I had gone the way of my brother and embraced my dork; this may be the greatest one of all.

Do they have a hotline to help you get in touch with your inner nerd?

No comments: