Friday, December 5, 2008

In the name of Procrastination Almighty...

Doesn't procrastination seem to be the perfect, or at least unilaterally accepted moralistic behavior of man? Nowhere in the "7 Deadly Sins" (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride) does procrastination come up. The argument exists for procrastination's implication in sloth, but really, that is more a lifestyle choice than a temporary state of mind such as procrastination.

I have taken two law finals (a feat, I swear it), have two upcoming, and then a month of preparation for an oral arguments competition regarding civil rights under the Constitution. I want to procrastinate.

I just can't think of a topic...

I could go political with Obama's naming of the paramount cabinet positions, President Bush's rising popularity, or the attacks in Mumbai (formerly Bombay) culminating in an international fervor. I could, but that takes effort...

I could go funny with a conversation topic like synesthesia, why I love burritos, or my plans for the coming month (involves video games, alcohol, food, running, and a little bit of law). One, I already did synesthesia. Two, what kind of monster (Kat) doesn't love burritos? And, three, I am gearing up to live that month. The more I think about it, the more depressing the end of it appears. That and it takes effort...

I could just write nothing, but then I would feel some pang of guilt since I am not studying. So, I doddle on... BICYCLES!

How could I have missed bicycles? My roommate is convinced I have a problem with bikes, or rather that I am a bike "collector". Well, she is a shoe "collector" so I suppose we have our things. I am, admitttedly in love with bikes. Nothing else offers so much control, speed, and economicality (I know, not a word). Rollerblades? Too slow. Skateboards? Don't have the balance. Running? Yeah. Maybe. But I like not gasping for air. That, and how many people do you know who can average 20 miles per hour over ten minutes?

Aight, I am done. That is all I have...

Mike, kill me once we are done with finals and I am good and drunk. Em, Make sure my corpse has a scarf. Someone tell Pierce the cat that he can have all of my Apple cables and headphones to play with. Roommate (who shall remain nameless) you can have the bikes. They are in the living room anyways. May as well use them, right?

1 comment:

emily said...

Bikes? Who needs those...although I should probably learn how to ride one soon or else I will never be inclined to take interesting classes that are up north.

And...I don't know what type of green you want!